The Government of Trinidad and Tobago has announced a number of relief measures to date, in support of individuals and businesses
who may be significantly impacted by the presence of COVID-19 in our shores and the subsequent preventative measures being implemented. In general, relief measures announced by the Government to date are meant to achieve two (2) main objectives:
- Increase liquidity in the system
- Provide protection for those severely affected by the impact of Covid-19’s presence on the labour market and the economy
Among the relief measure implemented are the following social services, some of which are to be administered and managed by the Ministry of Social Development and Family Services or the National Insurance Board of Trinidad and Tobago:
- “Salary Relief Grant” for persons laid off due to Covid-19 at a value of $1,500.00 per month for three (3) months. This will be administered through the NIBTT.
- Rental assistance through the Ministry of Social Development
- Additional financial support for a period of three (3) months for persons already receiving food support
- Introduction of food card to employees who have been retrenched, terminated or income reduced due to Covid-19 at a value of $510.00 per month for three (3) months
- Food Support to families with children registered to receive meals under the School Feeding Programme and do not have a Food Card
- Additional financial support to recipients of the Public Assistance and Disability Assistance Grants
For further information about social support measures available through the Ministry of Social Development, please use the following contact information. Persons are encouraged to continue practicing social distancing and avoid congregating at office of the Ministry of Social Development.