Friday 03 December 2021, 09:00am - 02:00pm
Hits : 98
Contact Sherri Belfon
When workplace infractions occur, especially where an organizational response is required – such as disciplinary action – the conduct of an effective and legally sound investigation is a vital component to this response. In fact, your organization’s defense against litigation is only as strong as your investigation - and whether you are a line manager, supervisor, HR professional or business owner, you may have a role in this process.
This practical session will go through the steps involved in conducting a successful, fair and legally defensible workplace investigation as well as the essentials of writing the subsequent report.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- What circumstances warrant an investigation?
- Why conduct an internal investigation?
- Principles of natural justice
- The right to a fair investigation
- The rule against bias
- Understanding the difference between an investigation and discipline
- Conducting an investigation in a remote environment: Important factors to consider
- The steps involved in conducting an investigation
- Who conducts the investigation and writes the report? To whom is it submitted?
- Tense and terminology of the report
- Uniformity in the report
- Submitting the report for action and follow-up
- Supporting documents
- Writing an investigative report (Practical Session)
Cost (per person): $850.00 plus vat (ECA Members) | $995.00 plus vat (Non-Members)
Date: Friday, 03rd December 2021
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Facilitator: Mr. Wendell Seepersad, Attorney-at-Law
HOW TO CONNECT TO THIS SESSION
- Register online (below) or download a registration form and send it via email
- An invoice will be generated and sent, to facilitate payment
- Payment is required before meeting credentials are shared
- Meeting credentials are shared one (1) day before the start of a programme
- All sessions will be conducted online via the ZOOM Meeting platform
Electronic payment can be made by Online Bank Transfer, to the Employers Solution Centre, via Republic Bank account number 290-457-289-901 (Branch: Tragarete Road, Port of Spain). We encourage the use of this facility at this time. Please send us a copy of your transaction receipt/confirmation.
Payment is also accepted via cheque, in-person Linx/Credit Card and Cash (please provide exact change).
Location ONLINE Only via Zoom