Tuesday 30 November 2021, 09:00am - 12:00pm
Hits : 110
Contact Sherri Belfon
“The Court is not to second guess the employer as to what punishment is appropriate in cases where the conduct of the employee is sufficiently serious to merit dismissal. We must not usurp the province of management unless we can say that the punishment is disproportionate to the offence.”
TD 251 of 1998 - Tobago Hospitality Trade Union and Mount Irvine Bay Hotel Limited
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- What is a Summary Dismissal?
- Are there justifiable circumstances under which an employee can be summarily dismissed?
- Examination of the ILO Convention 158 on Termination of Employment
- How to safeguard your organisation against litigation and claims of wrongful dismissal
- Industrial Court Judgments on summary dismissals: The opinion of the Court
Cost: $850.00 plus vat (ECA Members) | $995.00 plus vat (Non-Members)
Date: Tuesday, 30th November 2021
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 12 noon
Facilitator: Mr. Wendell Seepersad, Attorney-at-Law
HOW TO CONNECT TO THIS SESSION
- Register online (below) or download a registration form and send it via email
- An invoice will be generated and sent, to facilitate payment
- Payment is required before meeting credentials are shared
- Meeting credentials are shared one (1) day before the start of a programme
- All sessions will be conducted online via the ZOOM Meeting platform
Electronic payment can be made by Online Bank Transfer, to the Employers Solution Centre, via Republic Bank account number 290-457-289-901 (Branch: Tragarete Road, Port of Spain). We encourage the use of this facility at this time. Please send us a copy of your transaction receipt/confirmation.
Payment is also accepted via cheque, in-person Linx/Credit Card and Cash (please provide exact change).
Location ONLINE Only via Zoom