Thursday 16 September 2021, 09:00am - 12:00pm
Hits : 79
Contact Sherri Belfon
“The exercise of disciplinary powers is a corrective function, not punitive. The object is to improve an employee’s performance so that he can remain a valued and useful employee, not to give vent to management frustrations. The choice of the disciplinary sanction must therefore reflect this objective, and should, so far as is possible, be tailored to the individual case, bearing in mind the need to show some form of consistency in like cases" (Selwyn’s Law of Employment, 17th edition)
This session will examine the elements of an organisation's disciplinary matrix to ensure that appropriate sanctions and penalties are applied when workplace infractions occur.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Learn which offences warrant an oral warning, written warning, suspension and dismissal.
- Common workplace offences and the suggested penalties: These infractions may include:Theft, time-cheating, excessive late coming, unauthorised absence from work, fighting on the job, dishonesty, refusal to wear mandated PPE, non-compliance to health and safety rules, financial misappropriation of company funds, destruction of company property.
- The role, purpose and implementation of progressive discipline and its use in cases of serious misconduct.
Date: Thursday, 16th September 2021
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon.
Mr. Wendell Seepersad
Attorney-at-Law, IR Consultant
COST PER PERSON
$850.00 plus vat (ECA Members)
$995.00 plus vat (Non-Members)
HOW TO CONNECT TO THIS SESSION
- Register online or download a registration form and send it via email
- An invoice will be generated and sent, to facilitate payment
- Payment is required before meeting credentials are shared
- Meeting credentials are shared one (1) day before the start of a programme
- All sessions will be conducted online via the ZOOM Meeting platform
Electronic payment can be made by Online Bank Transfer, to the Employers Solution Centre, via Republic Bank account number 290-457-289-901 (Branch: Tragarete Road, Port of Spain). We encourage the use of this facility at this time. Please send us a copy of your transaction receipt/confirmation.
Payment is also accepted via cheque, in-person Linx/Credit Card and Cash (please provide exact change).
Location ONLINE Only via Zoom