From Thursday 29 July 2021 - 10:00am
To Saturday 31 July 2021 - 12:00pm
Hits : 277
Contact Sherri Belfon
Managing employee discipline can often be a sensitive matter, involving cross-department coordination, paper trails and uncomfortable conversations. As COVID-19 rages on, and the response required to reduce the spread of the virus, continues to impact the workplace, the associated demands can be daunting for employers as they try to manage traditional workplace matters, while navigating new and emerging issues.
This series is designed to help managers and employers ensure that their disciplinary system and process is unambiguous, fair and relevant to the current and post-pandemic workplace environment. Participants will develop their capacity to correctly handle disciplinary issues and conduct appropriate and legally defensible investigations, and proper disciplinary hearings, whether in a virtual or physical environment.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Part One: Disciplining in a COVID and post-COVID Environment (July 27th)
- Elements of a proper disciplinary system
- The disciplinary process, policy and protocols re-examined - what has COVID-19 changed?
- Pre-requisites and imperatives for a successful physical or virtual disciplinary hearing
- The role of Managers and Supervisors in the disciplinary process
- Disciplining a team member electronically/virtually?
Part Two: How to Conduct a Virtual (or Physical) Disciplinary Hearing from Start to Finish (July 29th)
- Laying the ground work (Part 1 recap)
- The composition, roles and responsibilities of the Hearing panel
- Employee notice, representation and applicable principles of Natural Justice
- Conducting the Hearing from beginning to end
Part 1: Tuesday, 27th July 2021
Part 2: Thursday, 29th July 2021
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (both days)
Mr Wendell Seepersad
COST (Per Person):
$550.00 plus vat per person (Members)
$750.00 plus vat per person (Non-Members))
- Payment is required before meeting credentials are shared. Customers can now make electronic payments to us remotely via Online Bank Transfer. We encourage the use of this facility at this time, as our physical office remains closed due to ongoing restrictions on non-essential businesses.
- For payments made via Online Bank Transfer, kindly remit payment to the Employers Solution Centre, via Republic Bank account number 290-457-289-901 (Branch: Tragarete Road, Port of Spain). A COPY OF YOUR PAYMENT RECEIPT/CONFIRMATION is required in order to identify/allocate your payment and before sharing meeting credentials.
- Meeting credentials will be shared the day prior to the start of a session.
Location ONLINE Only via Zoom