Friday 23 July 2021, 09:00am - 12:00pm
Hits : 131
Contact Sherri Belfon
The COVID-19 pandemic has had broad implications on nearly every facet of our daily life, especially employment. With unprecedented disruptions in business and consumer activity, closures, and sweeping regulatory changes, many employers have been forced to make sudden, but necessary adjustments to their operations and workforce.
This session will explore the varying amendments to employment terms and conditions that employers are being forced to make during the COVID-19 pandemic with a focus on good industrial relations practice. Participants will learn how to ensure that employment agreements/contracts are relevant, properly structured and enforced or varied, in mitigating associated risks, disputes and litigation.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- The contract of employment - An overview
- Understanding when contract modifications are warranted
- Unilateral variation of employment terms
- Examining key clauses where amendments might be required, including bonding and hardship/force majeure clauses
- How to modify or update contracts to meet current and future needs
- Temporary vs permanent amendments, including removal/addition of benefits, allowances, commissions etc.
- Having difficult conversations with employees
- Statutory implications of contract variations
Friday 23rd July 2021
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Mr Wendel Seepersad
COST (Per Person)
$400.00 plus vat (Members)
$600.00 plus vat (Non-Members)
- Payment is required before meeting credentials are shared. Customers can now make electronic payments to us remotely via Online Bank Transfer. We encourage the use of this facility at this time, as our physical office remains closed due to ongoing restrictions on non-essential businesses.
- For payments made via Online Bank Transfer, kindly remit payment to the Employers Solution Centre, via Republic Bank account number 290-457-289-901 (Branch: Tragarete Road, Port of Spain). A COPY OF YOUR PAYMENT RECEIPT/CONFIRMATION is required in order to identify/allocate your payment and before sharing meeting credentials.
- Meeting credentials will be shared the day prior to the start of a session.
Location ONLINE Only via Zoom